Unacceptable and Prohibited Items
Items in any of the following conditions are unacceptable for listing on Amazon.com:
- Item does not work perfectly in every regard.
- Item is not clean, including signs of mold, heavy staining, or corrosion.
- Item is damaged in a way that renders it difficult to use.
- Item is missing essential accompanying material or parts. (This does not necessarily include instructions.)
- Item requires repair or service.
- Item was not created by the original manufacturer or copyright holder. This includes copies, counterfeits, replicas, and imitations.
- Item was originally distributed as a promotional copy, promotional bundle, product sample, or advance reading copy. This includes uncorrected proofs of in-print or not-yet-published books.
- Any aspect of the item is obscured and not able to be read or viewed because of markings, stickers, or other damage.
- Item is prohibited for sale on Amazon.com.
Customers trust that they can always buy with confidence on Amazon.com. Products offered for sale on Amazon.com must comply with all laws and regulations and with Amazon’s policies. The sale of illegal, unsafe, or other restricted products listed on these pages, including products available only by prescription, is strictly prohibited.
We take product safety and these restrictions very seriously. Sellers should carefully review the “Examples of Permitted and Prohibited Listings” sections in each Restricted Product category before listing a product. If you sell a Restricted Product, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfillment centers without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that a seller’s account has been used to engage in illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited. The sale of illegal or unsafe products can also lead to legal action, including civil and criminal penalties.
We are constantly innovating on behalf of our customers and working with regulators, third party experts, vendors, and sellers to improve the ways we detect and prevent illegal and unsafe products from reaching our marketplace. We work hard on this issue every day because we know that our customers trust that they are buying safe and legal products when they shop on Amazon.com. Amazon encourages you to report listings that violate Amazon’s policies or applicable law by using our Contact Us form (select “Report a violation of our rules” and include all relevant information). We will investigate each report thoroughly and take any appropriate actions.
Additional Related Policies
Certain categories require you to obtain pre-approval from Amazon before listing in those categories. If you are listing products that are prohibited in certain U.S. jurisdictions, you must inform customers in the listing conditions of such shipping restrictions. Such products are not eligible for FBA. In addition, there are restrictions on the import and export of many products. If you wish to list items for international purchase, you are responsible for conducting proper research to ensure that the items listed comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Examples of Permitted and Prohibited Listings
The examples provided in these Help pages are not all-inclusive and are provided solely as an informational guide. We encourage you to consult with your legal counsel if you have questions about the laws and regulations concerning your products. Even where a product is listed as an “Example of Permitted Listings,” all products and listings must also comply with applicable laws. In addition, any links provided are for informational purposes only, and Amazon does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided in these links.
Additional information and resources for sellers on our Restricted Products policy are available here.