Small Parcel Delivery to Amazon – UPS or Fed Ex
Small Parcel Delivery to Amazon
Below are carrier and labeling requirements that are specific to small parcel deliveries to Amazon fulfillment centers.
- Review Shipping and Routing Requirements for weight, dimension, and shipping requirements that apply to all shipping methods.
- For larger shipments, go to Arranging for Less Than Truckload (LTL) or Full Truckload Deliveries to Amazon.
- Watch this brief video for examples of how to prepare your boxes for shipment to Amazon fulfillment centers.
How to Label Small Parcel Shipments
Shipment packing guidelines
If you receive your inventory from your supplier on a pallet, do not assume the boxes can be used for small parcel delivery as is. The standard box and inner packing used for LTL and FTL pallet shipments may not be able to withstand the standard shipping process for small parcel shipping, as this packing is designed for bulk pallet shipments going to brick and mortar retail stores. If these units are damaged during small parcel delivery, you may be responsible for damaged units that are not appropriately boxed and packaged to meet these standards. Please review and follow the best practices and guidelines for these types of shipments, which can be found on the UPS website:https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines.html
- Only professional carriers are allowed to make delivery appointments to Amazon fulfillment centers — Amazon does not allow general public deliveries.
- Carriers must register with Amazon before appointments will be granted.
- Carriers must adhere to our delivery requirements and safety standards.
- Print the full set of labels. Because each label is unique, do not photocopy, reuse, or modify labels for use on additional boxes.
- All small-parcel delivery boxes must have shipment labels only, and shipment labels must not include other messaging. If you are reusing boxes from previous shipments, be sure to remove any other shipment labels or markings.
- Shipment labels must be consistently placed in a way that is easy to visually locate, either on the top or side of the box. Side placement is preferred.
- Shipment labels must not be placed on the seam of the box where they can be damaged when the box is opened, which makes the barcodes unscannable.
- Whenever possible, place shipment labels no closer than 1.25″ from any natural edge of the box. The tape used to seal the box should not cover the shipment labels.
Additional Requirements for Amazon Partnered Shipments
If you are using Amazon’s partnered carrier (UPS or Fed Ex), you must enter the dimensional data for your small-parcel delivery boxes. These dimensions are used to calculate dimensional weight, which may be used to determine fees if the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight.