Poly bagged Units – Suffocation Warning
Poly bagged Units
Poly bags used to protect Units must meet the following requirements:
- Poly bags with a 5″ opening or larger (measured when flat) are required to have a suffocation warning, either printed on the bag itself, or attached as a label.
- For example: “WARNING: To avoid danger of suffocation, keep this plastic bag away from babies and children. Do not use this bag in cribs, beds, carriages or play pens. This bag is not a toy.”
- The warning should be printed or placed in a prominent location and in a legible font size for the size of the bag.
- Print size of this warning should conform to the following table:
Total Length plus Width of Bag Minimum Print Size 60 inches or more 24 point 40 to 59 inches 18 point 30 to 39 inches 14 point less than 29 inches 10 point
- The thickness of the bag must be at least 1.5 mils
- The poly bag must be transparent.
- The poly bag must have a barcode (UPC, EAN, etc) or an X00-label that is scannable through the bag or have an X00- or ASIN-label on the outside of the bag.
- Poly bags must be completely sealed.
- Poly bag or shrink wrap must not protrude more than 3″ past the dimensions of the product.